Finding Long Term Rental Accommodation in London
The London rental market can be a nightmare at times with quality/value for money house share and rental properties always being snapped up quickly. So if you see a property you like at the right money you can afford don't hesitate to express your interest.
Where to find properties and rooms for rent in London
If you are looking for a house/flat share
We recommend the following websites to source properties to rent a room. Gumtree, Easy Room Mate, Spare Room (They also run Speed Flat-Mating which is an event where you can meet potential flat mates quite quickly).
If you are looking for a property to rent
We recommend the following websites Zoopla, Right Move, Gumtree. Obviously it is always worth Registering with estate agencies in the areas you are looking to live. Note: they are likely to charge an administration fee. You can find these agencies using the websites listed above.
Resource Tools to help you choose possible locations to live........
Rental Cost guide: Net Lettings gives you a rent price indication of different areas.
Council Tax Cost Guide: London Council Tax Comparison
Area location guide: Movebubble
Electricity/Gas Comparison: Uswitch/Energy Helpline
Broadband/Internet/Home Phone Comparison: USwitch
Work to home Travel time guide: TFL Journey Planner
Questions to ask yourself when choosing a place to live......
- What are the transport links like to my place of work?
- Is the location easily commutable or local to friends I know in London?
- How expensive is the council tax for the property?
- Is there park land nearby?
- What is the local nightlife/pubs like?
- Are any of our potential flatmates likely to put our underpants on their head when we are not home?
- Is my deposit going to be placed in a tenancy deposit scheme?