London is home to many excellent attractions and events some are free while others can be a bit pricey. The good news is as there is competition for the tourist and entertainment dollar, attractions and events will often provide excellent discounts to attract visitors. This article gives you key resources to saving money visiting London attractions and events.
For the attractions which do charge it is worth purchasing tickets online as these attractions will often offer discounts for online purchases.
- If you plan your sightseeing well London Pass is a ticket that covers entry for a wide range of attractions and can be used for the period of time you bought it for. If used well it can save you considerable money.
- The Days out Guide offer 2 for price of 1 ticket for various landmark attractions in London provided you present a daily train ticket to the ticket box. Check website with link for more specific details.
These sites offer heavily discounted deals to a wide variety of entertainment e.g movie tickets, theatre, dining out, attractions and special events. These sites are well worth registering with Groupon, Living Social, NCrowd, Mighty Deals, Wowcher and last Minute.
Cashback websites offer you cash back for booking an event or product through them. E.g you might pay £100 for a ticket but you receive £10 back in cash. It is worth registering and following Fat Cheese, Top Cashback and Quidco for offers.
- Some well known festivals and sporting events e.g. Royal Ascot offer early bird discounts for people who purchase tickets well in advance.
- Viagogo and Seatwave are ticket reselling websites that can enable you to get heavily discounted tickets on the listed/face price for an event, but beware they can also prove more costly in some cases. Do your research to the event you want to go to and who knows you might score a bargain.
- If you have missed out on the festival ticket or seat to watch the sporting event that you really want to attend option B is working and be paid at the same time. Contact and register your details with the following websites that will get you into festivals/sports for free whilst at the same time giving you a chance to earn money. Oxfam, Festaff, and VSC Workers Beer. Keep a look out for jobs online on websites such as the Gumtree and dont be afraid to do your own research by finding out which companies have the contracts for the events you want to work and contact them direct.
Explore the West End and see some of the best bars and pubs in London with our West End pub crawl. The perfect evening experience for visitors to London