- The best and easiest way to find value for money flights across Europe is to use comparison sites such as Skyscanner and Liligo. Both pick up both budget and mainstream airlines and link you to the airlines website.
- The earlier you book the cheaper you can find tickets. Occasionally mainstream airlines such as British Airways will have cheaper tickets available at last minute but best not to count on that. The budget airlines generally get more expensive with time.
- It can also be worth checking out holiday operators Thomas Cook that charter their own planes to many holiday destinations across Europe as well as other locations internationally and can often offer cheap flights.
- If the long haul flight you are looking for is fairly straight forward use comparison sites such as Skyscanner and Liligo to find the best deal and flight for you. They should be your first point of contact.
- If you are looking for a Round the World ticket or stop over flights than it can be worth using the services of a travel agent after you have checked prices using Kayak or Momondo which have a multi-city option when comparing flights. Travel agents are also able to give you more flexibility in terms of booking stopovers which can be handy when flying to long haul destinations such as Australia.
The best places in London to get that all important picture for your Insta page!
We've compiled a list of all the new places that have opened in London, and don't worry we'll keep updating it so you are in the loop!
Feeling the heatwave and just fancy a swim? No worries – check out our top outdoor swimming spots in London below…
Explore the West End and see some of the best bars and pubs in London with our West End pub crawl. The perfect evening experience for visitors to London
Are you missing your pets from home?....Do you need an animal fix?....This is our guide to finding it in London.