The London property market is traditionally very buoyant and an excellent place in which to invest, although be warned house prices are expensive, so you may need a sizable deposit of up to 30%.
- Make sure you factor in charges such as stamp duty tax when purchasing a property in the UK. For information on this go to this government Stamp Duty link.
- If you can't afford central London...........consider outer London areas that have fast commuting times which may be more affordable. E.G East Croydon has a 24 hour train service from Victoria with many fast trains that can get you into Victoria in less than 15 minutes and the nightlife of Clapham Junction in 11 minutes!
- If you are looking to buy and rent your property out in the future make sure it is desirable for renters. E.g. good transport links, nearby shops, reputable schools, growing business district etc
- If you are buying a leasehold make sure the terms fully fit your needs. E.g. A friend purchased a property in Earls Court but was unable to rent it out to anyone who was not a relative.
*** Can't afford a house or flat why not consider buying a house boat and living on the Thames.
Do your research in finding the best Mortgage deal for yourself.
- You should also consider using a mortgage broker help source you a great deal although they may not have access to all the best deals on the market.
- Hunt around on google as you may find a better mortgage deal that is not on a comparison site or with a broker. E.g. HSBC don't use brokers but often have some of the best deals around.
- When looking at mortgages factor in administration fees, early repayment charges, exit fees etc when choosing who to go with. A higher rate may actually work out cheaper once you add in the fees.
The best places in London to get that all important picture for your Insta page!
We've compiled a list of all the new places that have opened in London, and don't worry we'll keep updating it so you are in the loop!
Feeling the heatwave and just fancy a swim? No worries – check out our top outdoor swimming spots in London below…
Explore the West End and see some of the best bars and pubs in London with our West End pub crawl. The perfect evening experience for visitors to London
Are you missing your pets from home?....Do you need an animal fix?....This is our guide to finding it in London.